Trevor Hanks has been part of the industry since day one… He was the first kid in his neighborhood to pack coolers, deliver props and suck gas fumes on the transportation curb being born into a hospitality family. After college in Boulder and extensive work around the world in the incentive travel business, Trevor returned to the family-owned company TMM (The Meeting Manager) to assist in managing and leading the family business in the late 90s into the new millennium and the next generation of the hospitality industry.
After taking over the company’s full-time operation and ownership, Trevor decided to create a new brand called 360 Destination Group in 2012. 360DG is now a premier DMC (Destination Management Company) with 17 locations throughout the US, covering 23 destinations and over 165 full-time employees.
360DG aims to create a feeling of “Personalized, Progressive and Passionate” in the day-to-day attitude/culture of the employee, customers and company atmosphere. 360DG is a planner’s quarterback from the moment the first flight arrives until the last lift-off home and from the first virtual rehearsal until the last attendee has left the hotel, their team is locked in on the details that ideally will have their clients raving about the experience for years.
Trevor is active in several hospitality organizations and served on the committee that developed the Destination Management Certified Professional program. A father to 5 daughters and an avid waterman Trevor was transplanted from Southern California, where he lived for most of his life, to now residing in Boca Raton, Florida.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- What 360 Destination Group does, and their unique positioning in the hospitality industry
- The importance of personalized service, and making your clients feel like you are a “part of their solution”
- Whether Trevor thought he would follow his family’s footsteps in the hospitality industry
- How COVID-19 impacted the hospitality industry and 360 Destination Group
- The importance of supporting employees’ training and development, especially when the business is growing quickly
- The significance of KPIs, and how working with Blueprint CFO helped Trevor know his company’s numbers
- How having a sounding board of fellow CEOs and business leaders can make a difference for executives
- The challenges and joys of owning a business, from Trevor’s perspective
- The power of the multigenerational workforce that exists at 360 Destination Group
- Trevor’s relationship with work-life balance
About the Series. Blueprint CFO Presents: Future Focused Entrepreneurs is an interview series and podcast highlighting entrepreneurs and businesses that are going places by focusing on the future and developing a roadmap for success. Hosted by Jim Downes, founder of Blueprint CFO, a future focused fractional CFO & accounting services firm based in Southern California.
About Blueprint CFO. Blueprint CFO is a future focused fractional CFO and accounting services firm based in Orange County, California. Partnering with entrepreneurial companies to guide and support them on their road to success, Blueprint CFO equips clients with the Profitability Roadmap® they need to grow. Learn more at www.BlueprintCFO.com.