Today on Blueprint CFO Presents: Future Focused Entrepreneurs, Blueprint’s Jim Downes sits down with Dustin Gyger, an entrepreneur in the bike industry, to dive deep into Dustin’s entrepreneurial journey and leadership insights.
Dustin Gyger started his professional career in the television industry, working in business affairs for CW Network. After Dustin moved to the beach in 2005, Dustin discovered an opportunity for inexpensive, yet nicely designed, cruiser bikes. And the rest is history!
Soon after launching his company with his then-business-partner, the business quickly scaled to four retail locations in Southern California, selling over 50,000 cruiser bikes a year. When retail stores started struggling in 2015, Dustin purchased his business partner’s share of the company, and turned his attention to the direct-to-consumer online and wholesale aspects of the business.
Since 2015, Dustin has more than 6x the company’s revenue and expanded from cruisers into hybrid, comfort and electric bike offerings as well. 2023 marks Dustin’s eighteenth year of leading the company, with profitability every year. With extensive experience in direct-to-consumer retail, brick and mortar retail, digital marketing, fulfillment, logistics, product design and development, Dustin is a visionary leader who utilizes his creativity to stay ahead of the competition.
“The numbers help drive creativity in the right direction. With Blueprint, I’m able to think creatively about the segments and opportunities that are presented in the numbers.” – Dustin Gyger, Founder & CEO of sixthreezero
Topics discussed in this episode:
• Dustin’s journey to founding sixthreezero, and what led him to start the business
• Dustin’s thoughts on having a business partner when launching a new company, and his insights on decision-making in a 50/50 partnership
• Rough spots Dustin has faced as a business leader through the years
• The importance of diversifying your marketing channels
• Best and worst parts of owning a business, from Dustin’s perspective
• COVID-19’s impact on Dustin’s company, and his thoughts on an upcoming recession
• Work-life balance, and how many hours a week Dustin typically works
• Dustin’s top tips for blossoming entrepreneurs, and the importance of creating your own definition of success
• How sixthreezero has benefited from working with Blueprint CFO
About the Series. Blueprint CFO Presents: Future Focused Entrepreneurs is an interview series and podcast highlighting entrepreneurs and businesses that are going places by focusing on the future and developing a roadmap for success. Hosted by Jim Downes, founder of Blueprint CFO, a future focused fractional CFO & accounting services firm based in Southern California.
About Blueprint CFO. Blueprint CFO is a future focused fractional CFO and accounting services firm based in Orange County, California. Partnering with entrepreneurial companies to guide and support them on their road to success, Blueprint CFO equips clients with the Profitability Roadmap® they need to grow. Learn more at www.BlueprintCFO.com.