From living room enterprise to a multi-million-dollar business, Quality Material Handling started out as a husband-and-wife-operated business founded on the principles of hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. With a combined experience of over 32 years in the material handling industry, Hector and Brenda Pinto have built a reputation for supplying top-quality services, solutions, and products for every customer.
As a team, Hector and Brenda Pinto bring complementary skills to the table, which allows them to effectively manage all aspects of the business. Hector had extensive experience in closing sales, meeting delivery deadlines, establishing and managing customer relations, and performing installations; while Brenda brings her ability in team management, leadership, resilience and managing all QMH’s finances & legal matters that led them to their success today.
Over time, the dynamic duo has grown not only into a family-operated business, including their daughter and son, but has expanded into a team of over 50 employees. Together QMH is committed to delivering exceptional results leading to the satisfaction of every client.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Hector and Brenda’s employee-to-entrepreneur journey
- The importance of a mindset of “we,” and valuing your employees
- The power of ethics and hard work to accomplish anything
- Setbacks Hector and Brenda have experienced over the course of their time in business
- COVID-19, and the promise Hector and Brenda made to their employees
- Hiring challenges Hector and Brenda have experienced post-pandemic
- The pros and cons of being in business with family members, and how the Pintos main balance
- Core values that guide the team at Quality Material Handling
- How working with Blueprint CFO has impacted Hector, Brenda, and QMH as a whole
- The power of commitment, tenacity, and being true to your word
About the Series. Blueprint CFO Presents: Future Focused Entrepreneurs is an interview series and podcast highlighting entrepreneurs and businesses that are going places by focusing on the future and developing a roadmap for success. Hosted by Jim Downes, founder of Blueprint CFO, a future focused fractional CFO & accounting services firm based in Southern California.
About Blueprint CFO. Blueprint CFO is a future focused fractional CFO and accounting services firm based in Orange County, California. Partnering with entrepreneurial companies to guide and support them on their road to success, Blueprint CFO equips clients with the Profitability Roadmap® they need to grow. Learn more at www.BlueprintCFO.com.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 35:17 — 32.3MB)
Subscribe to the Podcast RSS